Gas Alarm & Detector
Protect Your Home and Family Against Gas Leaks by Installing a Gas Alarm & Detector
Safety is one of our primary concerns at Proulx Oil and Propane and one step towards ensuring the safety of you and your family is to install a propane gas detector. Gas leaks can lead to catastrophic explosions that can destroy houses and put occupants in danger. A 3 in 1 detection alarm can help prevent such incidents and installation is a BREEZE!! The unit(s) simply plug in to ANY wall electrical outlet in your home!!
Reasons to Buy, Install and Regularly Test A Combustible Gas Alarm:
- You Cannot Always Smell a Gas Leak . No matter how good your nose is, you may not be in the right place at the right time to notice a natural gas or propane leak.
- Carbon monoxide alarms ALONE do NOT detect propane/methane/natural gas leaks. Carbon monoxide sensors detect ONLY carbon monoxide, not raw fuel or fumes.
- It does not take striking a match to cause a gas explosion or fire. Turning off a light, setting a security alarm or closing a door spark a gas explosion or fire. Natural gas, which is lighter than air, leaking from a basement furnace, can leak upstairs through hollow walls.
- Gas appliances are not the only source of a gas leak . Gas can leak into homes via sump pits, inbound water lines or a natural gas well under your home.
- Each gas appliance is a potential source of a gas leak. Each gas appliance needs its own gas detector. Natural gas and propane gas pool above or below gas water heaters, gas clothes dryers, gas ranges, gas furnaces, etc.
Safety Siren FS-HS80501 Gas Alarm and Gas Monitor Features:
- Detects dangerous levels of methane and propane gas.
- Computerized calibration: helps eliminate false alarms from momentary exposures to lp gas, propane, methane or natural gas.
- Built-in self-diagnostics assures the unit is operating properly.
- Power: 110-120VAC, direct plug in.
- Power Usage: 6 watts.
- Air Sampling: every 2 1/2 minutes.
- Combustible Gas (CG) sensor alarm trip point: less than 25% of LEL (Lower Explosive Limit) of natural gas, propane and butane.
- Approval: UL listed as a "Single Station Propane/Methane Detector" to 1484 requirements. Use this propane gas alarm or natural gas alarm for residential and unconditioned areas. Unconditioned areas include garages, boiler/furnace rooms, warehouses, barns, offices, etc.
- Security Lock Tab: install outlet cover screw tab so unit cannot be pulled out of receptacle.
- Advanced surface mount circuitry increases reliability.
- Powerful 85dB Alarm
- Five year limited warranty by manufacturer
- Dimensions: 4.7 inches x 3.1 inches x 2.1 inches
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Made in USA.