- Turn down your thermostat at LEAST 6 degrees below your normal comfort zone when you are not at home.
- Closing blinds and shades can help keep the heat in your living area
- Regardless of the fuel that you are using, have your heating system cleaned and serviced ANNUALLY. It pays for itself in energy savings and in peace of mind.
- Proulx's Heat Force Premium Fuel will burn cleaner thus reducing the amount of fuel you will use each year.
- Insulate long runs of heat pipes in your basement to keep the heat in the pipe longer. Insulation is readily available at your local hardware store.
- Fix leaky faucets. A faucet dripping hot water can cost you a lot of money over time.
- Sign up for automatic delivery. We make less trips to your home with automatic delivery and that saves energy consumption in general.
- Sign up for ACH payment with Proulx for your account. Have you thought about how much energy we use to mail a payment in for your heating bill?
- Have your Air Conditioning system cleaned and serviced annually. Yes, it too needs attention. Your electric bill will tell you!
- Install a Rinnai space heater in the area of your home where you spend the most amount of time and turn the thermostat DOWN in the rest of your home. Many of our customers have done this already. Why heat your entire home when you and your family are all together in two rooms of the house, 75% of the time? Call and ask us about a Rinnai space heater for your home.